After a year of agony, frustrations, anger, disappointments, I'm happy to say that I've been promoted to Staff Nurse I!
Hehee..
I nearly cried upon receiving the letter for I've been waiting for this day to come and I'm really grateful that my hardwork and efforts are being paid off in a good way.
It's not easy to start off being a very junior nurse ok..
Sometimes you'll have to get trampled on initially, getting scolded, and the pressure of being labelled a Staff Nurse!... It's just so indescribable.
I just wanna thank my preceptor who has been patient yet impatient at times.. for wanting to 'beat my backside' whenever I did a mistake. Haha.
And other seniors who used to scream at me for not obtaining dressing materials for patients who were gonna be discharged.
Ha ha haa. The way they screamed made me wanna hide under the bed you know. :p
Not forgetting another senior staff nurse who used to call me 'slow..'
Well, all these has made eventually turned me into a better missy.
Like now, I'm a very much fast worker.. Especially when it comes to dressings!!
Gee.. I feel so elated.
I'm even happier and touched by my patients who have complimented me throughout the past year despite of being a junior nurse.
In June itself, I've received five compliments..
Hee.. Thank you everyone!
It has been my pleasure to nurse you.
:)
Alright, so much of my happiness.
Well, deep down inside, I feel sad for my patients... of whom have lost their friends in the fire.
I'm so sorry that we couldn't get to save them..
I wonder how they would feel if they learn the truth coz imagining the feeling is already horrible enough.
And I've seen people crying, be it guys.
Just what saddens me the most is the foreign workers who come all the way from their homeland, trying to earn a living for their families and self but unfortunately, they just had to go..
........................
Frankly speaking of all occupations in the world, I have high respect for construction workers, be it from Bangladesh.
Coz they're the ones who took the risk doing such risky jobs indirectly for us.
Hey, if it's not for them, we won't be living in flats you know... for they're the ones who build our homes.
Besides, some of them are really nice people that I enjoy nursing them.
They won't complain. In fact, they're one of the most patient people!
:)
So much of that.. Gee..
All in all, I'm happy for my patient is finally discharging today.
I've nursed him eversince the day he was admitted and to see him recuperating is great...!
Kudos to him, the survivor of burns!
I'm so proud of him for having such great fighting spirit!