Two days have finally passed and I have been doing dressings for my patients.
Yesterday was not so bad but today is. First was to do dressing like in the operation theatre with the doctors, also known as the surgeons and the anesthetist.
It was a little madness with its hecticness.
I wanted to scrubbed up but I was stuck in being the circulating nurse.
'I need jelonet, gamgee... big gauze now...!'
'Open up urgocell silver, aquacel ag...'
'I need more opsite!'
'Micropore!! Tape tape tape!'
'Bactroban..'
'4 inch bandage!'
'6 inch please...'
'More jelonet and lint! Body vest!'
Oh wow, it was a massive, extensive dressing and I'm glad I responded to their demands quickly. I guess my senior staff nurse was taken aback at the level of speed I was moving at. Ha ha ha.
However, the last thing I want is for them wanting me to work in Operation Theatre. Particularly Burns OT?
Eeek. No no no. No way.
Tomorrow shall be another day as a dressing nurse.
Hopefully my last for the week. Standing for hours doing dressing is crazy.