I didn't know I've been working for 7 days straight. No wonder I feel so shagged these days.. Walking aimlessly to work but thankfully, I managed to get myself to Sgh ward 43.
Today is my 3 days in a row working as a dressing nurse.
By noon, the three of us, dressing nurses had completed all the dressings even the one in Burns ICU... So much of being filthy with the bugs and smell of patient's faeces, the three of us decided to go for a shower before going for our break.
In the midst of it, we received a call saying that there'll be an icu case coming in.
And that is a 40% burns injury...
My goodness.
I spent more than three hours in the icu with my colleagues with the medicine, bronchoscopy and last but not least, dressing.
Since the dressing was extensive, we decided to use a super big opsite to cover the whole body... right after deblistering and so called eschar the burnt skin. Scraping and peeling off the dead blackish skin. Literally almost all of the skin over the both hands, face, trunk, flank and the back.
It was like as if the patient had just went for a plastic surgery. From a dark-skinned to a fair one. Sheeessh.
Supposedly tomorrow's my rest day but it was called off due to the cases in the icu.
Another morning shift... and soon it'll be my 7 days in a row of working AM shift.
Jeez... Sounds crazy.
But I can do this... somehow.
Yeah... with a broken heart like this.
Haiz.
It's amazing on how I can still make my way thru the madness I'm in now.
As much as I do not want to know the truth, I know someday somehow, I'll have to face reality.
Chances after chances, I wonder if this is still worth the wait... worth my happiness.
Hopes in despair...
A leopard can never change its spots.
...
Anyway, I'm really disappointed with my sister. So freaking bias.
Just coz the patients complimented me but wrote some funny general feedbacks about the ward, which she thinks is not nice for the 'high authorities' to read, she decided not to send those feedback forms! Argh! What the eff.
I don't care if the patients wanna compliment about me or not but the way she is behaving is just so bias! She only look at things at her own perspective and have things her way!
Just what stupid 'policy' did she just created??
And this was what she said to me just now, 'No point they wrote so much about you but wrote something not nice about the ward...'
How would you feel if you were me?