Gee..
Jeng jeng jeng...!
Well, well... Lets start from the beginning shall we?
Hehee.
I was 2 mins late to work today.. missed the important details about my patient.
However, I managed to catch up with things.. and worked smoothly.
But as usual someone would tend to bugged me in the midst of it. Like pestering me to do trend care competency. Grrrr.
So the clock striked 2pm and I had to attend a talk..
By the time it striked 1415hrs, I was still in my ward waiting for my colleague who was still passing report.
So, forget about going for the talk. We were already late.
We stayed in the ward... it was then I decided we eat the birthday cake that was given by my medical officer, the birthday girl.
I was told that we could eat it in the afternoon... So I told my colleague to do the honour in cutting the cake..
Sheeessh.
We took our share and placed the cake back in the fridge..
We were happily enjoying the cake when.....
When suddenly my colleagues who attended the talk came barging into the room, looking so excited with the medical officer, the birthday girl!!!
'Ok faster take out the cake and sing a birthday song!!'
The next thing I knew, someone gave a loud shriek.
'Who cut the cake???'
That left my colleague and I speechless... We quickly hide the cake that we were halfway eating.
Before I could admit that I was the one who initiated it, they were already singing the birthday despite of the small missing portion!
So I joined in, singing with them in guilt...
Sucks! The feeling was really shitty...
Eventually they knew it was us who cut and ate the cake...
I nearly had a heart attack the moment sister stepped into the tea room... She'd definately scream at me if she sees the big hole!
Eeeek. Thank goodness she didn't!
My colleague and I slowly left the tea room... thinking of a way to apologise to the birthday girl..
And there came the idea of getting flowers for her...
So, tada! We managed to get the red flowers for her... Hehe. Glad that she was happy and touched to receive them... judging from the look on her face. :)
I think she nearly cried just now.. Jeez.
And guess what I wrote on the card? The last sentence?
'Sincerely, from the two big rats who ate the cake!'
Ahahahaha.
That ends my day at work then. Gee... What a day!
After all the kinds of emotions that overwhelmed me....!
I went home with my colleague today and we were talking about working experience..
Since she was from Surgical ICU where you see all sorts of trauma cases like road traffic accidents, gun shots, comatose patients and so on... I find them really very interesting.
But still, nursing ICU patients can rather make me feel isolated...
I prefer a working environment where I can communicate with my patients... For ICU case, most of them may be intubated and to communicate isn't possible.
Well...
Lets see how yeah.
I don't wanna make any decisions now.
All I know is, I wanna master the skill of doing extensive dressings... and it's only in Burns Unit you can learn as much on dressings.
On top of that, I still wanna learn how to nurse a burns icu patient.
And being able to do it independently would be great.
Well, in short, I just wanna specialise in something like trauma nursing.
I just love thrilling, action-packed kind of job.
Hehee.
Alright, enough about that.
Anyway, guess what?
Finally, after days of missing him, I got to see him just now...
Heee!
Met him at Pasir Ris... afterwhich his elder bro drove us to Changi Village and we all had dinner there with his younger bro.
I love the nasi lemak and my super faved drink! Yes, sugarcane!
Ooooo... How refreshing!
After that, they sent me back to Yishun...
Gee... How nice it is to have a car and drive around at night.
Can I have mine soon?
Haha. Yah right.
In my dreams.
Ok then.. I'm shagged.
Gotta go.
Goodnight y'all.
:)