Today the ward was like a madhouse.
With mad people on the loose!
Haha! Just kidding.
It's sucky when a burns patient come in one after another in the same hour.
Coz.. not one but two people will have to do dressing for the patient and when another comes in, another two staff will have to do dressing for him/her. And yes, for an hour or two.
Just now was an example..
I had to run around snapping pics of the burnt wound and be the circulating nurse.
The best thing was, I was the only staff left to attend to the call bells, patients' relatives, took blood for my patient, took their parameters and lastly, served all of the patients' medications.
Just what irritates me the most was, chasing after my doctor to complete his changes.
Eeeee... So geraammmm....!
So there came the registrar on call and I had no choice but to bug him.
Kekekee. Too bad.
At 8pm, I had to be in charge of a high dependency case.
Eeeek. What the heck...
Sister was about to bug me but before she could, I've already given her the red light... not to disturb me.
Hehehe. Thank God she did not.
The great thing was, I had my senior staff nurse helping me with the junior work... which lessened my burden. Or else, it will be super cumbersome... what more with the burns resuscitation and the parkland regime. Eeeek.
So that was how my day went.
Well,
Life has been quite hectic and stressful, sometimes to the max here... but I'm still surviving though..
At times I got so frustrated that I just feel like giving up.
But well, I know within time, everything will be alright at the end of the day..
I just hope that nothing will piss me off further for I seriously need a break from all this.
I need a breather man.
How I wish I can freeze time for a moment.
Ok la.
Bye!