I nearly made a u-turn while making my way to work today.
First thing in the morning, I realised that I lost my voice. Thanks to the bad sore throat I had recently.
However, that doesn't stop me from going to work... who knows my voice might come back along the way. Haha.
In the train, I started sneezing away.
Eeek. Yikes.
That's so not a good sign.
So I sat at Dhoby Ghaut Mrt station, waiting for the train.. thinking and thinking whether to still continue my journey to work.
It was funny on how things went along.
I was still thinking but my legs seemed to bring me to Sgh. Haha.
I decided to stay then despite of my 'morning sickness.'
Thank God they changed my assignment. At first I thought it was a little lighter but actually, NO.
My heart sank in deeper when I heard the patient that I was going to nurse was dangerously ill.
Like what?
Next was the low blood pressure.
Like huh?
Haywire blood glucose level.
Haiyoh. What more?
Next was, low haemoglobin. 7++.
Aiyai.
Thank God my voice slowly came back.
Initially it sounds so funny. Like as though I was squeaking and not talking!
Haha.
Then I apologised to my patient about that but she ended up giggling away and said it's ok.
Gee..
It went alright along the way... Just that I really spent every hour with her, monitoring her closely.
Feels like a great sense of achievement at the end of the day.. especially when I'm nursing someone's mother, laded with big responsibilities when I'm only 22.
Gee..
So that was it.
And to end the day, Kai Lin, Kana and I headed to Funan and had our dinner there.
It was a nice.. eating and chatting away with them.
Just that I did most of the listening and not the talking. Jeez..
It's so not great when I badly wanted to laugh but I ended up choking.
Hahaha.
Headed home after that..
The funniest thing was, Yan didn't laugh at the sound of my voice when we talked over the phone.
Haha.
So I talked and talked and talked till I felt like throwing up.
Eeek.
Thank goodness, not on my hp.
:p
Ok, one more day till I get to see him again..
Hee..!
Greatness! This is just the day I'm really looking forward to since 30 March, the last time I last saw him.
Now it's just hours away.
:)
Ok then.. gotta go!