The ward has very much settled after days of misery business.
Haha.
Right after the ICU patients were transferred to our side, the high dependency and general ward, with us being the receivers, it shows that life in Burns isn't that hectic anymore.
I was being such a gundusamy the other time.
I thought the patient that I was gonna receive would be a general ward status.
Little did I know she has got CVP and intra-arterial line, and yeah high dependency status.
Sheeesh. I quickly rushed over to get the HP monitor, fixed the cardiac leads etc and put up 12 litres of oxygen for my patient.
A few days back, I broke into a little argument with my ward sister.
She assigned me and my principled enrolled nurse to nurse all the patients of high dependency and general ward status. Of course I blow my top since there was too many I/V drugs and other medicine to be given..
Plus, one of my patients had to go for a wound inspection at ward level under sedation and for that I had to be by her side, monitoring her every 5 mins for 2 hours.
I was too frustrated initially that I scolded my colleague for not completing her work and passed the tasks to me. So unlike me. I guess I was too mad at that point of time.
Poor Khee Xuan.
Of course I felt bad after that.. but I'm glad it has been resolved. :)
Thankfully, sister decided to put another staff to help me nurse other patients.
Geee..
Otherwise, I guess I would've to struggle alone then.
However, on that day, the three of us left the ward at 11pm and I reached home at 12 midnight.
Sheeesh. That was how busy we were even though we tried to prioritise things, it was difficult to finish on time.
Anyway, yesterday was another busy day at work too.
I was going bonkers giving I/v drugs.
First was I/v Penicillin, Cloxacillin, insulin, Bactrim, Tazocin, Gentamicin, and so on.
Plus I had 4 cycles of nebulisers to be given to my patient. It was a little tedious trying to prioritise things with me being the one who had to administer those medicines.
On top of that, I had one fickle minded anesthetist who kept changing I/v drugs.
First was Tazocin, then Ciprobay (which I have already put up)..
A few minutes later, she changed her mind to another drug.
Grrrr..
In the midst of it, my patient's I/v plug site became a little swollen.
And he only wanted me to be the one to set another new I/v plug for him and no one else.
Grrrr.
Guys.
Bleargh.
So I quickly prepared my things and there you go...
Another I/v plug set.
What tickled me was, he already screamed in pain before I could even insert the needle into his vein. Hahaha.
I was like, 'Aik, belum masuk, dah pekik?'
And he said, 'Uh.. Sakit kan?'
'Yeah... But I haven't insert the needle yet. But I'm going to now.. Breathe in...!'
'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh....!'
Ahahahahaha. Like girl la he...!
He should be lucky that I didn't use the green plug. Bigger and longer.
Haha!
I was so shagged at the end of the day.. And I so needed someone to talk to.
Thank God someone was already waiting for me outside the ward... and that was... HIM!
He was laughing at me when I dozed off in the train.
He said I looked like as though I didn't sleep for days.
Ha ha ha. Right!
So today is my rest day.
Ooooo I really need this after working so hard.
I need a breather.
Laterrrr, I'll be going cycling with him...!
Hehee.
Maybe we shall celebrate my belated birthday then.
Oh wow. Believe it or not... it has been a month and we didn't have the time for that.
Haha.
Great. But well, I don't mind though.
:p
Ok babes, time to go!