I beat my own record today.
I did a dressing first thing in the morning which lasted for 3 hours.
3 hours of sheer agony for me and my colleague removing the blood-stained dressing, cleaned the wounds thoroughly, removing the dead skin, and applied Aquacel and Opsite dressing back to the burnt skin.
It was a super big 'project' I must say.
Both of us stood in the Arjo room where it was so humid and stuffy in there throughout the whole procedure.
The best thing was, we had our patient yelling, crying and sulking while we did the dressing.
We already tried our best being very very tactful, giving her all the TLC she needed but to no avail.
We thought the sedation and painkillers didn't worked. Actually it did.
Only realised that after everything was over.
Eeek.
Jeez..
Thank goodness I'm on afternoon shift tomorrow.. coz I'm having massive backaches now..
Sheeesh.
Goodness gracious.
No more dressings for me please coz I seriously need a break from all that.
Now I'm counting down to my day off.
4 more days that is...
Even so, I have a wedding to attend...
Jeez..