Let me start off with Friday yeah.
Friday... The day that we girls went for raya.
Hmmm...
Mr Bonch came over in the afternoon with the preparations.
Aww.. how sweet of him.
We headed to the market and Northpoint to get the necessary stuffs and also the roses for the girls!
Hee..
So he left an hour before they came.
One by one, they came over.
First was Mira, then Aifa, followed by Lydia and Siti.
It felt great to meet them up again.
Hehe.
So we had dinner together in my house.. and surprised Lydia with the birthday cake that I bought.
:p
I like to see the surprised look.
Haha.
We left my house shortly after that.
Went to Mira's place, afterwhich was Mr Fauzi, our Art teacher.
Hehehee..
I used to have a teeny weeny crush on my art teacher during those secondary school days.
:p
I just happened to admire his masculine appearance and voice.
Oooo... droolz.
Hahaha.
Yan's gonna slap my face if he reads this.
Haha!
After that, we went to Aifa's place, Siti's followed by Lydia's.
Reached Lydia's house at 0020hrs.
Gee...
Yes, I know it was past midnight but can't be helped la.
Haa...
The good thing about this year's raya was, our mode of transport was our one and only pair of legs.
Haha..
However, that left me with massive blisters on my feet!
And so I reached home at 0130hrs.
Scurried my way to the bathroom and landed on the bed, hoping to get enough rest before I get my feet to work on the very next day.
Woke up at 0500hrs.
Felt that I just closed my eyes and it was only a few seconds that I had to wake up again.
Oh gosh, that sucks big time.
No time to grumble, I quickly made my way to the bathroom, showered, got myself ready and walked to the mrt station.
I was assigned to be the dressing nurse again.
It was a tough job but at least that could prevent me from falling asleep.
Hehe!
So while the 3 dressing nurses were having their break, we received a msg, telling us to report to Burns ICU immediately.
The curtain was drawn in this particular room.
I took a peek to see what was happening inside.. then I saw the intubation trolley.
I quickly put on my mask, gloved, gowned up and entered the room.
They were resuscitating the patient who was suffering from massive burns.
I looked around, wanting to do something.
So I stood beside my colleague and helped her with the bagging of the air viva bag.
Gosh, it was real tough.
I never thought that it was going to be that hard.
After that, I went over to the other side and continued with the cpr.
It was only the 100th compression and I was already feeling so lethargic.
I had to tiptoe when compressing as to climb up to the bed was impossible due to the thick dressings over the hands.
The pulse and blood pressure returned shortly.
We quickly tidied up the patient as much as we could till the blood pressure fluctuated back.
And so our senior consultant ordered to commence cpr again.
30 mins has elapsed and trying to revive the patient again was pointless, as there was no hope.
It was very saddening to see a life gone just like that.
I felt a pang of guilt initially.
But I realised that people come and go.. and fate lies in the hands of God.
Sheeesh.
Anyway, post resuscitation feeling was kind of sucky.
I still think about the incident even when I got home.
Maybe because it was my first encounter.
But I managed to overcome it somehow.. after trying to accept the fact.
My left hand still hurts though.
Especially over the deltoid muscle.
Maybe I've over-worked it during the resus.
Haha.
Ok enough of that.
Now that I'm on my annual leave, I just wanna think about how to spend quality time wisely.
I don't wanna regret for not doing so later coz my ALs now are precious to me.
Haha.. especially when you've started working, you'll feel that your rest days are very precious.
So today Mr Bonch and I went cycling all around Yishun.
Hehee!
Fun fun fun!
With all that ice pops and all.
I shall upload the pics when my bro's comp has returned home since it has gone for some repair.
Well, as you all know, my cpu's useless when it comes to transferring anything from any external devices.
The port's spoilt and I don't wanna repair it still.
Haha.
Ok then.
Gotta go!
Goodnight to all!