Just some of the pics I managed to take in discreet. Hehe.
The things we prepare before bringing in the patient for Arjo bath.
Oooo yes..
The yellow trolley is our main dressing trolley that's filled with lots of big gauzes, gamgee, lints, dressing towels, dressing sets, jelonet, large opsites and so on.
Yesterday I was the dressing nurse and I did dressing on this particular patient who suffered from a big percentage of burns due to some allergic reaction to medicine.
There wer blisters and skin breakdown over his body.
There wer blisters and skin breakdown over his body.
Equipped with three staff, one peeled off the dead skin from the body, the other did the hand, while I did over the legs.
I must say that was sort of disgusting but it's better to peel them off for wound healing purposes.
I must say that was sort of disgusting but it's better to peel them off for wound healing purposes.
Sheeesh.
How would you feel if someone tears your skin?
Yikes!
Anyway, today was a busy day.
Was in charge of patients in the general ward.. which seems like a High Dependency one though.
Managed to finish everything on time though.. with my one full page of report.
Bleargh.
I was halfway running the I/V antibiotics for my patient when suddenly redness and swelling was seen.
Had to insert another I/v plug into the patient's vein.
Hehe.. Yes, veins are what I'm talking about.
I was having a hard time initially trying to guess which vein is a better among the rest for me to poke.
So I sat down on a chair and started to examine my patient's hand. Haha.
First attempt, failed.
Tried to locate for another better vein..
Got a huge, bulging one but the vein is so elastic that it actually moved from side to side!
Eeek..!
That freaks me out a little. Haha.
So I did another time and this time round was smooth..!
Hehe..
That was really a sigh of relief!
Work was fine despite of the stress.
I wasn't feeling well in the midst of working.
Felt feverish and the muscles spasms I had over the heart was sucky.
Thankfully I managed to cope with that somehow.
=)
I'm happy that he showed up at the waiting area outside the ward.
Hehe..
So much of saying not to contact each other for the time being after the tiff we had lastnight.
:p
Love is just unpredictable I guess.
=)
We headed to Vivocity for lunch.
Walked around a little and ended up in this Pets Shop.
Looking at the cute little hamsters and chihuahua really made me feel at eased.
They're just too cute!
Alright man.
One more morning shift and I'm on day off!
Yes, like finally!
=)