Before I left for my annual leave last week, I still remembered one of my patients who was nursed in ICU.
He was rather ill back then.
With the endotracheal tube and other several tubes on his body.. with quite a massive edema (swelling) all over his body.
However...
After I returned back from my leave, he was already in the High Dependency.
Smiling away that is.
Sister had assigned me to nurse him for the past few days.
From High Dependency, to general ward, and till discharge day.
It felt great, a sense of satisfaction to see my patients recovering in such a short period of time.
Hehe..
Felt like wonders.
I'm so happy for him.
I was having my break with two of my seniors today.. one of which is my preceptor.
All of a sudden, she told me not to think about resigning from Sgh.
Not to jump to to another career or other hospitals..
Initially I thought she knew about me wanting to switch in career after completion of bond.
Haha.
So she made confession.. That they have to keep good staff and one of them is..... me...!
Of course, I was stupefied upon hearing that.
I always thought I was the lousy one.. since at times, I get scoldings.
So they lectured me about the benefits of working as a nurse.. what to do and what not to do.
Must have the interests.. and you won't drag yourself to work... not to take too much MCs as you can't get away with that... must know how to answer doctors back... Haha... and so on.
After all that, I just answered them with a short little sentence.
Haha. Pathetically..
But at least, I made them smile.
Anyway, a staff said something to me yesterday.
Burns Unit is the most scariest place to work at in Sgh.
Eeeeeeek!
The occupational therapist who happened to be there, also added on to the 'creepiness'! Haha!
He said there were two occasions when a 'staff' from a particular ward called him up to do some therapy for a patient.
Unfortunately when he arrived at the ward, he found that the ward was vacant.. Yes, that particular ward was isolated for quite some time at the moment.
So I asked if the caller was a male or a female..
He said it was a female!
Eeeewww!
That is so freaking scary!
I'll be doing night shifts probably next week or a week after that.
They were saying to 'enjoy' myself then.
Haha.. Idiots!
Hopefully they won't ask me to go to the ICU and Burns OT alone just to switch something on..!
Coz going there at night can give you goosebumps!
Haha!
Never mind, I shall drag someone with me if that were to happen.. Hope I won't drag the wrong 'person'!
:p
If you get what I mean!