'Throw it away, forget yesterday..
We'll make the great escape...'
Heee..
I'm happy..!
Happy, happy!
I'm glad that the annual leave I applied in November lets me spend time with him before he leaves for ns.. coz he's applying for the same date too.
Hehehee!
On top of that, tomorrow's my last morning shift after 5 days of work of that same shift.
It's madness you know.
I always find difficulty of waking up at 4++ in the morning consecutively.
Glad that I made it thru!
Heee...!
I deserve a break soo much.
=)
Anyway, I feel like sharing my views on the healthcare system in Singapore.
Well, as what as I was told by my foreign colleagues, other countries don't practice nursing similarly as what we do.
For instance, showering patients, bed sponging and changing diapers and so on.
They're all done by the patients' own relatives.
So as you all know, in Singapore it's different.
We nurses, do all that.
No wonder they said nursing is a dirty job. Right?
I wonder is it because Singaporeans are too pampered?
What surprises me is the patients' relatives asking us to shower/sponge/change diapers for the patient.
Like their own father or mother.. whoever that relates to them.
I feel that they should be the ones doing that.
If you ask me, if I'm the patient, I would choose my own relative to do all that for me, rather than the nurses who are merely strangers.
What disappoints me more is when they said what we did wasn't good enough and all they always do is complain, complain and complain.
Haa..
Sometimes I feel like we're the maids to our patients.
Or perhapes, personal body cleaner?
Sheeesh.
One of the reasons as to why I'm fed up with nursing is how the relatives behave.
Sometimes they can make your blood boil.