It has been two days that I've been deployed to ward 52B, Neurology Surgical.
It was a good experience especially the exposure to a new environment.
Of course, I gained some new knowledge and skills there.
I had to be the junior for twelve patients on my first day.
Boy, it was kind of tough as I barely know the cases of the patients, plus I was the only one to run those two cubicles.
It was madness, to think of the different timings for feeding via compact set, flushing with water, checking for aspirations, turnings and so on.
Thankfully most of them are on this feeding machine or else, I would have to feed them manually through the nasogastric tube!
Slow and steady, I did my things.
I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to rush things when it comes to nursing, except for those in critical stage.
Coz I believe, when you rush things, you'll not tend to be tactful and mistakes will occur.
Hehe..
And so, I managed to finish up everything including the parameters by 1830hrs..!
Hee!
So today, after work I went over to my cousin's place with my family.
After which, we headed home.
I don't feel quite well these days.
Guess I must have overexert myself.
Been having slight chest pains recently.
Sheeesh.
Must be coz of some muscle spasms inside.
Never mind, I have my 'cardiac' missy to look after me.
Haha.
I'm taking another leave for tomorrow.
However, I couldn't join the girls for raya.
I need my rest and, my relatives are coming over in the early afternoon.
On top of that, I need to be at my aunt's place for a kenduri.
My cousin's leaving for Taiwan soon.
Sheeesh.
Hopefully, next year we will have another outing yeah.