I was left alone to nurse a High Dependency case today.
It wasn't easy at all. Never it has been. It's not like any other normal cases I must say.
Had to keep up with a total of 9 i/v infusions, from bolus to maintenance infusions, antibiotics, i/v insulin, potassium chloride, albumin and so on.
The condition of the patient makes it a little more tougher.
Sometimes disorientated, forgetful and so on.
I had to deal with the long explaination and assurance at times.
I only managed to rest my feet while the patient been for operation in Burns OT.
However it all doesn't stop there.
Had to rush down to Retail Pharmacy to get a special dressing material.
What pissed me off was the discrepancy of the items.
Being the middle person between the OT staff and the pharmacists, I had to settle the problem.
Just what I hate.
Ok enough of work.
Hopefully tomorrow shall be a better day.
Well anyway, all the Singhealth staff has got a salary increment.
Hehe..
I've got 70 bucks more.
I just can't wait to get promoted next June/July.
Coz by then I'll be getting an additional of 300 bucks.
Heee..
Then I can save up more.
Yesterday, my sis was telling me about what my dad said to her.
Asking when I'll be getting engaged.
Sheeesh.
Sometimes all these kind of things freaks me out.
Even his dad wants us to get married in 2-3 years time??
I really hope he didn't mean his words coz I'm for sure not ready for that.
And I believe he too.
Let me save up first and then we can talk about it.
And yes, not forgetting learn how to cook fully..!
It will be the time when my mom can just sit back and relax while I do the cooking.
Hehe.
Wonder if that will ever happen.
Or else, Mr Bonch will have to cook for himself once we get married.
Hahaha.
Or maybe eat the nasi telor kicap everyday.
:p
Hehehee.
Well, all I can say is, not so soon still.
I'm also giving it a year or two to make my final decision whether he's really the one for me.
Whether he can be a good husband and a good father.
For now it all doesn't matter.
What matters now is to finish up my probation and pray that not much people will get admitted to Burns Unit on Firewalking Day..!