Today was a brain racking day.
Reached the ward at 0630hrs, had a light breakfast and read up on IV drugs.
Coz the sister was going to assess me on administration of IV and she's known to ask for tons of questions.. apart from wanting to know our work well.
So after passing report, I had to surrender to her for the assessment.
Haha.
It all went smoothly..!
Hehe. Could see the big smile plastered onto her face.
I thought I have impressed her enough, but no!
She asked about the policies, mechanism of action of the medicine, side effects, adverse effects, contraindications/precautions, classes of drugs, interactions with cephalosporins etc.. and not forgetting my management of patients with anaphylactic shock....
But well, I hit the jackpot!
Oh my, I didn't know that I could answer all of the above.
Sometimes I'm impressed with whatever things that comes out from my mouth.
Of course, after much thoughts.. and racking of the brain.
But seriously, I was very much mentally drained out after that.
So I thought that was really enough.
But not..!
She threw me with more questions.
This time round the medication calculations.
I thought one was indeed enough.
But really, unfortunately no..!
She gave me a tricky calculation question.
By the third one, I'm 'brain dead.'
It left me with a migraine attack.
Oh how much I hate that.
Coupled with having low blood glucose level.
I knew it. I could feel it.
Met him after that.
Went back to Yishun, wanting to have our proper meal, however I received a call from my mom.. wanting us to go to Jurong to get the stationary bicycle for home use.
Just in the nick of time, we boarded my dad's van and made our way there.
After which, we had dinner together.
An angry man is a hungry man.
Sounds ambiguous though, maybe to some corrupted people.
Haha.
He was feeling a little frustrated initially.
Only then I could find the reason to that.
:p
Could see the change of his mood after eating.
So we sent him back to his place and headed home.
So that's it for the day.
I'm drained out.