The strong smell of the pseudomonas wound gave me a wake up call today.
I was, almost half dead while assisting with the dressing this morning.
Practically with my eyes half-closed.
Simply couldn't resist it!
I was too sleepy.
It was the smell that made me stood still, with my eyes wide open.
Trying to resist it but to no avail, even with my mask on.
It was real bad.. with stains of green pus.
For a moment, I had the feeling of rejection.
I felt sick in the stomach, but I managed to overcome it somehow.
Working in this ward can be a little terrifying.
Sheeeesh.
I just realised something.
All the patients I nursed are all from overseas.
From Malaysia, to Thailand, to USA, to Indonesia.
Hmmm....
Gosh.
Only the staff in the ward knows how we're coping in there.
Sometimes, things can be a little tough.
However, with such good, competent staff around, I know we can make it through.
Cheers to Ward 43, the Burns Unit!