I wish to work with my preceptor who has gone MIA due to her annual leave and also one of my faved senior staff nurse again.
A knowledgeable and laidback staff who never gets panic if anything happens.
And one who don't bother about the things that doesn't matters to her.
Unlike kanchong people and kepo ones.
Haha.
So today I was in charge of two patients.
One discharge and the other had an operation today.
Discharge...
I taught my patient how to look after his grafted and donor's site, his nutrition, to what he should, and should not do... and so on.
Sheeesh.
I guess I've talked too much today.
After that, I had to remain at my other patient's bedside and looked after him for an hour.
What do you call that?
PACU nurse? Or was it recovery nurse?
I've lost touch with OT thingy.
Yes, I had to monitor my patient's condition closely just now..
To see if there's any deterioration coz he just got back from split skin grafting.
A procedure whereby the surgeon will 'scrape' a part of the patient's skin on the thigh (most commonly), and placed it on the burnt areas.
Well, the Burns OT used to be run by the ward itself.
But the Major OT decided to take over its place.
Sheeesh.
Wouldn't it be great to see for myself how the surgeries are being done for burns patients.
I wish I could.
But fat hope.
Hmmm...
Suddenly, I feel so moody.
I can't seem to retain what I've learnt.
But never mind.
Like what they say, 'You got to fight just to make it thru.'
Thanks to the song by Breaking Benjamin.
Hehe.
My faved band afterall.
=)