First and foremost, I would like to say something about the new cute tagboard I've inserted in my blog.
Please, type in your msg as per normal.
After which when you've click onto 'SHOUT!!!' something will pop out.
You have to type in the spam prevention number into the box below (please insert text in the image above).
So that's it!
=)
Well, I've not been feeling at ease these days.
I've been too pissed off every single day.
Nevertheless, I shall blog about what happened at work yesterday.
I was the dressing nurse together with another staff nurse, a senior staff nurse and an enrolled nurse.
However, I did most of the work since I wanna have some hands on.
Hehe..
So after we've changed into our scrubs suit, we started on our first burns patient.
I was somehow like a 'surgeon', whereas my staff nurse became the so called the 'scrub nurse' and another as the 'circulating nurse'.
While the rest were the entertainers.
Haha.
So after removing a dressing over his grafted site, I extracted out the multiple staples that was attached to his skin.
After which, we cleansed and applied multiple dressings over the site.
It was a little tedious but fun!
After that we did dressing for another patient.
This time round a patient who suffers from Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.
In short, it's TEN.
It's about someone who presented with a bad adverse reaction to a drug.
And the most common one is Allopurinol.
So dear friends, do take extra precaution when serving this medicine to your patients.
What can happen to the person who has drug allergy to this is bad rashes and blisters all over the body which leads to raw skin.
It also spreads onto the perineal area.
Conjunctivitis will occur and secretions will be excreted from the eyes which will eventually cause them to close, also partly due to the swelling.
And to remove the hardened crust is painful.
Same goes to the mouth, having lots of secretions and multiple ulcers.
A fever can also occur, as high as 44 degree celsius.
I bet you guys must be thinking that I'm just exaggerating but well, I guess some of you might runaway if you encounter such people with that.
:p
Ahahaha.
Initially I was a little frightened to nurse these kind of patients as their appearance scares me away. Not forgetting the smell of the wound which is easily infected.
However, I manage to build up my courage and get used to it.
So, yes, not only we nurse burns patients.
We also nurse these people.
=)
Alright then.
It's time for me to mug.
Take care guys!
Have a nice day!