This will be my 462th post!
I've been blogging since October 2005. Can't believe it has accumulated to this figure.
Hehe..
Well, we had some hands on today in the ward.
I was assigned to a patient from overseas.
To Aida and Jesvin, you're sure gonna laugh your lungs out when you read this..!!!
My patient said I look like a Filipino!!!
Ahahaha! I guess that really fits into the 'Maria' thingy!
:p
After which he said I also look like a Myanmar, or perhaps an Indonesian or Malaysian.
Haha!
Ok ok. Back to the ward.
Managed to take report since we started our shift at 7am.
I didn't know the casualty who was involved in the Taiwan accident is still in my ward.
Saw some of the pictures about the parts of the body that was burnt.
I just couldn't believe my eyes.
I guess the allied healthcare workers there must have done a good job in getting him into the recuperation process coz he looks better now.
Such a drastic change I must say.
Well, no wonder all the VIPs which includes the director of nursing, deputy directors, prime ministers etc came to visit my ward yesterday. Maybe they wanna see his progress.
Seen the physiotherapist guiding the patients on the exercising of the limbs just now.
My heart aches everytime they flinch in pain.
PTSD.
Post traumatic stress disorder.
That's what all of them will feel.
Flashbacks of the painful incidents will keep on playing on their mind.
And the humiliation they have to face with their skin condition that has deviated from its normality..
I truly feel sorry for them..
However, I really salute these people.
They're strong enough to overcome all these obstacles.
=)
Like what they say, patience is a virtue.
Okay, so apart from all that, I assisted the staff doing dressing on a patient.
For the first time, I actually touched a burnt skin.
Of course, I was a little petrified at first coz I never anticipate such things to happen.
I never thought the feeling will be like that.
It felt so coarse, like a sandpaper.
Not that I'm mocking, but that was what I felt.
Fortunately, I felt better touching it after a while.
Hehe.. I must get used to them all.
Hmmm..
My ward's culture seems to differ from others.
Only a little when it comes to passing of report.
The enrolled nurses and staff nurses seem to be on the same par.
As in they will have to present the case to one another and even the doctors.
The doctors will just turn around and ask them about the patient's condition.
And that means, I have to know my patients by hard once I'm taking over the cases.
Sheeesh.
Ok enough about nursing.
Today is our 34th month.
I fetched him at NUH.
Had to wait for him for approximately 2 hours in the dayroom since I only work for half day today.
And all I did was munching and sleeping away.
Haha. As usual.
We've been dying to watch Fantastic 4 (only God knows since when) but he was a little unwell.
So after having lunch, I sent him back to Boon Lay.
And back to Yishun to my comfort zone.
I've been feeling soo shagged these days.
My body is for sure crying for ample rest.
I hope I'll have a good night sleep later.