TGIF!
Woohoo!
Work was fine..!
Coz we only bathe one patient and at the same time, did some simple dressing with the aid of four staff.
Hehe.
Yes, we do require alot of manpower when it comes to bathing a patient and doing dressings.
Since they're fragile and have massive wounds.
I feel so welcomed by the ward staff including the sister!
This time round it was the other sister and she even shake our hands to welcome us.
Hee..
It was only at 3pm and the three of us went into the ICU to read up some information over the intranet.
And yes, the ICU was empty since there's no mass casualties.
We were in the midst of reading it, and I was re-tying my hair when the Deputy Director of Nursing stepped into the room.
I was like SHIT!
And my fringe was like covering my eye..!
Fyi, Sgh is very strict on the dress code and they emphasized alot on bunning up of hair, with no fringe covering the eye.
And there she was, looking at me.
I thought she was going to nag at me but I was wrong.
She guided us instead about the intranet..!
=)
I should thank my lucky stars yeah.
Haha.
I got to meet my preceptor just now.
She looked fierce at first and that was intimidating.
After talking to her for a couple of times, I realised that she's nice..!
Specialised in Burns & Plastics and she's the most senior there.
Hee..
I'm just happy that I'll be given the opportunity to work in the ICU if there happens to be a mass casualty.
Hehe..
Even though the course of work is going to be tedious, I know it's gonna be fun!