I worked like h*** today!
I can't even write my report in peace.
'Student help me do this... student help me do that..'
Thank God I managed to make it thru.
Finished everything by 1330hrs.
I took 4 cases today, one of which was the toughest of all.
I had to write one full page of report about this patient.
Oh man.
Nevertheless, I'm glad that I managed to handle such a case.
Taking cases isn't that tough as what I thought.
But what makes it hard for me is the junior work that I had to do, while doing paperwork as well.
One moment I was sitting down, trying to write up my report.
The next min.. the staff nurse will be like calling me to do some stuffs.
Haiz.
Being a final year student in the ward is so.. sickening.
One min, I have to bring the patient to shower, sponged the patient, serve medicine, answer call bells, changing diapers, monitor blood pressure etc, urinals/bedpans/toilet.....
I don't mind doing all that.. but if only there were more staff to help..
I just hope tomorrow will be a better day.
Oh yeah!
I'm gonna have a preceptor!!!
Hehe! Like FINALLY!
We had an issue about preceptorship again just now.
The Director Of Nursing came into my ward and talked to the students. She insisted so much for us to have a preceptor.
So, in the end we agreed to it.
The best thing is, we're allowed to choose our preceptor!!!
Jesvin and I chose this staff nurse from Myanmar. She's damn good I tell you.
Very willing to teach and knowledgeable.
Hehe. So we'll be following her roster from next week onwards.
I hope the sister won't change the preceptor or split the shifts.
And yeah. Apart from that, you know what the Director Of Nursing said to us just now?
She said 99% of us will be passing out as a staff nurse in that ward! Haha!
I wonder where does the 1% goes to.
:p
Hehe.
Ok then.
Gtg!