Yesterday was a little different.
The scene which consists of two security guards, sisters, police officers, staff nurses, a patient care assistant, a doctor, physiotherapists and me myself (such a multi-disciplinary team!) was unforgettable.
We nearly had another abscondence case.
I learnt something from there.
One way to handle a difficult patient is, to have good interpersonal skills.
You have to be his/her friend and thus they'll listen to you.
The police officers, sisters, security guards etc tried to coax the patient back to his room but he was persistent.
It was the physiotherapist who managed to 'win his heart'. It was because the physiotherapist treated the patient as his friend.
Good yeah?
Hehee..
So the moral of the story is, treat our patients as our friend. In turn they'll be much comfortable with us and will be more compliant.
Yesterday was kind of funny.
One of the staff there suggested that I work in the ward after I graduate coz the sisters and the rest of the staff are nice and friendly.
Haha.
Well, like I said, maybe/most probably I'll pass out there. =)
Only if the sisters want me in the ward! :p
And when I told my enrolled nurse about my plans in passing out there, she was like, 'Yes!'
And I was like, 'huh?'
Haha!
The comment given by the PCA was funny too.
He said, 'If you become a staff nurse, don't bully me k?'
Ahahaha! Of course I won't!
Sheeesh.
I'm missing my friends.
I miss going to houseman canteen with Ahmad to buy the mee/nasi goreng from the indian stall during our break time.
Now that he has return to KKH for PRCP.. I can't buy it with him anymore.
On top of that,
I miss the Gila Girls.
I miss my subgroup mates.
The times when all of us were struggling with our project work.
My classmates.
I miss school.
Resource Room!
The place where my class had conquered. Hehe..
Hmmm. Maybe one day, I shall go back to school for fun with Yan.
:p
Speaking of him, yesterday was our 31st month being together.
5 more months to 3 years! Gosh.. That's long. But I don't feel that though.
Maybe another 5-6 years we will get married! Ahahahaha!
No la I'm just kidding. Hehee!
I better buck up with my nursing skills and paperwork!
Like what the sister said, these two days are your honeymoon period.
Next week onwards you'll be working till you perspire! Haha!
She's a funny sister la.
Very well-liked by her staff.
Ok then. I gtg now.
Bye!