For a couple of times, I've forgotten that I have unresolved issues to settle.
Firstly, I need to cancel my appointment with the Medi Spa.
And next is....
My basic theory test.
It clashes with my attachment schedule.
Damn.
Sheeesh. Never mind la.
It won't runaway.
Well, today was fine afterall.
I had some butterflies in my stomach upon reaching the ward coz the first thing I saw was, Neurodiagnostic Unit.
This is totally a new discipline for me to work in. But of course, experiencing new things is always great.
The clinical instructor who orientated us to the ward was nice.. Not forgetting the staff that I worked with today. Hehee..
The first thing I did was, answering phone calls.
Calls from the doctor, the radiologist etc...
Doing suctioning, nasogastric tube feeding, being an escorter for the patients to the toilet, being a 'security guard', making milo/coffee for them and so on.
Next week then I shall start to take cases and that I can't wait. =)
I've worked in various disciplines before.
Specialising in respiratory, renal, rehab, orthopaedic, cardiac and gastro.
I like cardiology, one which specialized in heart.. But..
Now that I'm in Neurology, which handles with people's brains, I'm kind of interested.
Oh I shall rephrase that sentence.
I'm very interested.
Hehee.. I wanna learn in detail on how brain works and how it affects people's behaviour.
Maybe I shall pass out in that ward then. =)
I got to see a few patients with several illness just now.
Namely stroke patients, Parkinson Disease, Cerebrovascular Disease, Epilepsy, and Suicidal patients.
I'm kind of glad in a way that I can learn on how to nurse these patients of mine.. However, on the other hand, I feel sad for them as they had to bear with all the sufferings that they have to face.
I've been nursing female patients throughout my whole posting in Sgh since year 1.
Now I guess 'they' have been 'kind' to me. Haha.
I'm in charge of the males this time round. Heee..
At least I don't have to do urinary catheterisation!
Hahaa.. Like as if it's a big deal!
Just now the clinical instructor asked us why we wanna joined nursing.
I said initially I dislike nursing, but now I joined it coz I wanna take up the challenge.
I guess I made it sound as if, it doesn't make sense. Hehee!
Actually I'm the kind of person who will go for the things that I dislike.
Meaning that if I dislike something, I won't wanna runaway from it.
I'll force myself to draw nearer to it so that I can learn how to like what I hate.
Haha. I just love to irritate myself.. which is fun!
But of course, I don't do it all the time. :p
I know I'm weird.
Even Yan calls me that.
When nowadays finds shopping etc as a stress-reliever, I prefer to be by the nature.
I find peace in the silence and serenity of it.
I tend to keep quiet when I'm very tired.
Sometimes I would sleep when he talks to me. Hehe! And he'll talk for a couple of mins to himself before realising it. Hehehehehee!
I can't look at gaudy colours or dazzling lights for long or I'll end up with migraines and vertigos.. The spinning sensation.
I like to say 'Gemok Merajok!' whenever he sulks. Heheee! I know I'm mean but he and I knows I don't mean what I say.
I don't like to show my parents the good deeds that I've done.
Sheeesh. Don't ask me why on that coz I don't know. Hehee..
Well...
I'm getting sleepy.
Shall blog again tomorrow then.
Goodbye tweety birds. =)