Today I worked all my strength out that left me feeling lethargic.
And the best thing is, I'm down with a fever now.
Of all times in the world.
Haiz..
Morning...
I was busy doing asssisted bath for the patients. And each time I went out of the toilet to get something, there're be a few patients calling me..
It was a moment of chaos I must say.
With one staff nurse looking after 21 patients is madness. She had to do the changes and write up a report for all 21 of them.
Thankfully there were two enrolled nurses and two student nurses including myself.
At least we could help her do the junior work.
And today, I got a scolding from a patient. Actually she screamed at me on top of her lungs for something I didn't do. Again and again misunderstandings are bound to happen...
As much as I hate it, I have to go thru them all...
It was only at ten and I felt soo tired. Luckily I didn't drop down dead. Haha.
The lecturer bombarded me with lots of questions and at times my mind just went blank.
Oh gosh.. I think I'm becoming demented.
In the afternoon, I talked to this patient for an hour surprisingly. He was an ex-principal.
He shared with me about his life experiences.. Telling me about how lonely and miserable he's feeling now.
He felt so lost without his wife and friends as they were all sick. His wife is staying in the nursing home. Soon he'll also be sent to one of them as his only son is leaving Singapore.
It's sad on how married couple had to part especially during the times when they need each other the most...
Apart from that, we talked about what happened during the war years ago.. about the state that we're living in now in Singapore.. the future generations.. and what the youngsters have become.
He wondered how will Singapore be in 20 years from now..
It's very upsetting too when I heard him telling me how rude the youngsters are at present. They'll just shove the elderly away.. Calling them lunatics and all. I believe not all are like that but such people do exist.
Somehow, after talking to the patient and receiving some motivation from the staff nurse, I feel a whole lot better.
They taught me how to appreciate life as it is...
And for that, I'm thankful to have my posting at this hospital though some areas are nightmares for me.
=)
Hehe..