Well, the operation theatre may be interesting.. but it's not what I really like.
I prefer more to patient care rather than looking at some organs.
However, I admire the scrub nurses who assisted in the operation.
They're so skillful with the way they handled the forceps etc.
So today I observed Whipples operation of the Ca pancreas.
Basically there was tumour in the pancreas and they had to perform a surgical intervention to remove it before it spreads to other organs.
I was struggling at first to concentrate on the scrub/circulating/anaesthetic nurse roles as the sight of the gastric cavity really amazed me.
For the first time I actually saw a small intestine and the omentum!
To some, it may be disgusting as it was bloody and slimy. Haha.
Well, this morning the sister really spoilt our day.
She yelled at us for being late and for not bringing the learning guide.
We were late as lost our way to the back entrance of the OT.
Sheeesh.
And just coz of not bringing the learning guide, she wanted to deduct our marks.
She'll even fail us and make us come back if she's not satisfied with our work.
This is what happens when one demands way too much.
I just hate it.
Now I just hope that I'll pass this posting even if it means a D grade.
I just wanna get out of there, away from the unreasonable sister!
This is just so stressful.