My first day in A&E is......
Fine.
People from different walks of life began pouring into the consultation rooms, resuscitation and critical care unit, observation rooms..
They're just everywhere.
It was a moment of chaos I must say.
People are groaning and crying in pain, while the nurses and doctors tried to their utmost to attend to them as soon as possible.
Well, the first thing I had to do the moment I stepped into the critical care unit today was to give injection.
And the staff nurse had to piss me off early in the morning.
Never mind. I guess it's normal to meet such people around.
Seeing the sick ones makes me feel sad.
I wish I could take those pain away.
I happened to assist a doctor in urinary catheterisation for this male patient.
He had bloatedness in his abdomen and they had to remove as much urine in his body as possible.
He sure reminds me of my late grandfather.
The time when I sent him via ambulance to sgh due to bloatedness. Infection due to the catheterization.. And the saddest thing was he suffered from stroke and couldn't apprehend others and talk anymore.
He had to suffer so much before he died...
Till now, I still haven't gotten over the incident whereby I wanted to visit him in the hospital on this particular day but I was too late that he passed away...
..............
I miss him so much.
He used to be my childhood bestfriend.
Well, people come and go.
Just like what they say, treasure your loved ones before they're gone.
And it's true.. isn't it?
Anyway, there's something wrong with my body.
If it's not for the terrible stomach-ache that I had recently, it wouldn't have been in this way.
I really hope it's nothing serious.
By the way, I heard that sponsored students are not allowed to choose where they wanna work at once they graduate. It's only for non-sponsored ones.
Damn. I just hope I won't pass out in OT coz that will be the last place I wanna work at.
I wanna be in somewhere where there's patient-care, and not organs-care afterall.