I'm counting down to the last day of OT attachment.
So yeah, 2 more days to go.
This posting is really stressing/draining me out.
For the past 2 days, I was only left with 5-10 mins to have my lunch and to rest.
It was due to the changing of scrub suit to our uniform if we want to get out of the OT to buy our food.
By the time we came back and change to the scrub suit again, we have already chalked out more than half an hour.
There was once when I didn't even have the time to drink.
Such long standing hours.
Of course, my feet got hurt so much.
Today I managed to assist an operation.
It's hernia repair; abdominal.
So I scrubbed my hands, stood beside the team of surgeons with the scrub nurse, and passed the forceps, needle holder, retractor, and so on.
It was a little tensed up initially as I had to be quick and really know the items before passing to them. Subsequently, it got better.
My gloved hands were soaked with blood. Haha. And I could really see the large intestine buldging out right in front of my eye!
For the subsequent operations, I managed to see the gallbladder and the lungs.
I always thought I won't dare to bring myself to see such bloody things but this posting proved me wrong.
I also managed to extubate a patient. It is by removing the tube that goes down to one's throat. It wasn't that difficult though.
Well, I've been too stressed out this week.
I just can't wait for weekends to arrive.
Sheeesh.
Exam results will be out this Friday. I'll also be having a presentation which I have not yet prepare on that day too.
Today is my dad's birthday and I have not gotten for him anything.
I'll treat the family on this Sunday then.
There's just another couple of things that I'm worried of now.
I'm so mentally drained out.
I just want Friday to end fast.
And please.. I hope we'll pass our exams....... :(
Not forgetting this OT posting........
I don't wanna come back and go through this hell again.
One experience is enough for me..........