I spent the day working in the resuscitation area.
It was interesting!
I wonder how many times I've done ecg for today.
Initially I was dreading for almost 2 hours as they were only 2 patients in there.
However, by noon, something came about.
People came pouring in and... we received a casualty from somewhere offshore on board the helicopter!!!
I can't reveal much info about the patient due to confidentiality.
A doctor and a staff nurse went to receive the person offshore via the helicopter and by the time they returned, their hair was so messy. Haha!
It only took them 15 mins to reach back to sgh and that was like wow. They were fast.
So we quickly put the patient on drip, gave some injections, tried to stop the bleeding as the patient suffered from head trauma due to a fall..
The only thing I did was ecg and tried to calm the patient down as he was practically in tears.
It hurts so much to see someone in great pain. I guess they must be feeling so helpless, lying in there, worrying about what will happen to them next.
His hands were also smudged with blood.. So I wiped them away with the wipes and covered him with another blanket.
I've never seen anyone shaking so badly before.
If I could, I would've given him a hug and tell him that everything will be alright.
I just gripped him hand though.
I hope he's feeling better by now.
Somehow or rather.. I've made up my mind.
I feel like becoming an A&E nurse and work there when I pass out.
Hopefully I could specialise in it by taking advance diploma or something.
I guess I've already found something that I really like in nursing.
I prefer to manage a more acutely/critically ill people and a much faster pace working environment. To me, I find it very challenging and I like it.
I'll make my final decision about joining A&E after my PRCP then. Hopefully nothing will stop me, and hopefully they'll accept me..
Haha.
Anyway, I asked Yan a question today.
Ok so it goes like this..
You love this particular girl so dearly and she's so beautiful. One day, when you was about to marry her, you found out that she was actually a guy. What would you do?
He stared at me.. bewildered.
'Huh?? Are you crazy?? Of course I wouldn't wanna marry a guy!!!'
'But you love 'her' so much!!'
'Oh no.. I will never ever marry a guy! I will be thinking about the times that I kiss and hug himm!!!'
And so I burst out laughing! Ahahahahahahaa!!!
And he said, "Don't tell me you are a guy!!"
Ahahahahahahaha! Is he nuts?? I'm a pure girl ok! Hahaa!
It was so hilarious!