The 27th month!
Yeah.. we've been through thick and thin for 27 months!
Gosh. Time flies real fast..
And the next thing I know is, tomorrow's the last day of the one month attachment.
Wow.. It has been one hell of a month.
From ward 44, to OT, to A&E.
We had to adapt to 3 different environments which was kind of stressful for us.
Yet, we've made it through! Hee..
I worked in the consultation room yesterday, where all the non-urgent cases are being sent there.
There was this person who came in worrying that he might get a lung disease.
He claimed to work in an environment full of smoke and dust.
His friend, who worked in the same place as him, suffered from lung cancer recently.
Thus, he worried that he might suffer from that too.
Therefore, he decided to seek for treatment at the A&E.
Guess what he wanted the doctor to do for him??
Hehe.. He wanted him to wash his lungs!
Haha! And the doctor said, "We don't do lung washing here. There's no such thing as lung washing.."
Hehe.. The patient is so funny yet cute.
Well, there happened to be 2 drunkard men, brought in by the police due to a gang fight yesterday.
I had to take their vital signs at that time and I was actually praying to myself that they won't box me away. Haha! I still love my nose and all.
Thankfully I the security guards and the police officers were next to me.
Today I came across a case whereby the husband abused his wife.
It's very upsetting.
The wife was having a shower on one particular day.. and her husband kept on asking her questions.
When she said that she'll talk to him again once she's done with her shower, her husband just smashed the bathroom's window and the pieces of glass went into her eyes.
The husband even beat her up and locked her in the house.
Another case was, a man got punched by a taxi driver when he was making his way back home.
Oh man.. Of course, that's scary.
So yeah, that's all that I could remember.
Interesting right?
=)
Like I said, it's fun to work in the A&E.
You can see a whole lot of different cases.
I heard from a staff nurse that the students who had worked in A&E hope to work there once they pass out.
Sheeesh.. There goes my chances to pass out there.
But I do really hope I could.
However, I'll be fine with it if I couldn't. =)
Gotta see my fate. Haha.
I believe there's always a reason behind everything.