Read the latest news??
The number of people having dementia is escalating.
For those who don't know what dementia means, it's forgetfulness and this mainly occurs in the elderly.
Based on the statistics, currently 22,000 people are suffering from it.
It is believed that by the year 2050, the rate will increase to 186,000 due to the greying population.
Sheeesh.
Since I'm gonna graduate soon, I better be prepared on how to manage these kind of patients.
It's gonna be a big challenge.
By the way, for those who loves to listen to mp3 etc, be prepared to get yourself a hearing aid once you reach the elderly stage.
This is because, studies have shown that these people are more vulnerable to having hearing problems in the future.
So yeah, I have to get for myself one too in years to come.
Hahaa..
The number of people having dementia is escalating.
For those who don't know what dementia means, it's forgetfulness and this mainly occurs in the elderly.
Based on the statistics, currently 22,000 people are suffering from it.
It is believed that by the year 2050, the rate will increase to 186,000 due to the greying population.
Sheeesh.
Since I'm gonna graduate soon, I better be prepared on how to manage these kind of patients.
It's gonna be a big challenge.
By the way, for those who loves to listen to mp3 etc, be prepared to get yourself a hearing aid once you reach the elderly stage.
This is because, studies have shown that these people are more vulnerable to having hearing problems in the future.
So yeah, I have to get for myself one too in years to come.
Hahaa..
Anyway, I just checked out my postings.
I'm going to Ward 45 again straightaway after my exams.
:(
No rest at all.
And yeah not forgetting the Operation Theatre and A&E.
I'm scared.
This time round I'll be working as a 3rd year student and their expectations from us are much higher.
We have to work like a staff nurse now.
Gosh.
I'm so not prepared at all.
I wish I'm still a year one student.
I just realised something.
Nursing is a course where there's a high level of stress.
Since you're dealing with patient's lives, it's much tougher.
You have to be tactful and have to really know what you're doing.
For everything that you do, you have to be skillful and competent.
Being skillful isn't easy.
You have to go through tests and exams to pass.
Sheeesh.
I really pity myself.
I hope I'll be a good nurse.
And I hope I won't die of heart attack.
Hehe.